Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An alternative to pastelitos




In Miami if you go to a birthday party, baby shower or any special event you're bound to encounter some delicious pastelitos. Pastelitos are basically baked puff pasteries that can can be filled with sweet or salty fillings. My absolute favorite are the guava and cheese pastelitos and it wasn't until recently that I tried to make the ultimate hybrid:: The guava cupcake with cream cheese frosting:: I tweaked the recipes that I found by adding a little more guava pulp and adding guava paste chunks in the batter that way you will actually be able to taste the guava.

The best recipe for cream cheese frosting that I found is this one from allrecipes.com

Ingredients

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • Directions
  • In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.

1 comment:

  1. So I decided...I want some guava cupcakes so I can celebrate Valentine's day with some sweets on the couch watching some movies on the TV. Kthanks!

    ReplyDelete